Rovaniemi Gamelab (“Pelilabra” is Gamelab in finnish) is a community of ICT and art students who are passionate about game development. If you’re interested in creating code, design or arts for games you are more than welcome to join us. You can be a hard boiled pro, an amateur, or a total newbie, it doesn’t matter. The idea is to share skills and ideas between people and help out each other with our game projects.
Around these arctic latitudes, Rovaniemi Gamelab is the one and only community to get you really going!
- Weekly meetings open for everyone. Come learn more about the lab and our game projects and join them. We will happily answer any questions you may have!
- Official IGDA Finland Rovaniemi Hub events. Bigger gatherings for game developers around Northern Finland. Leading Finnish gaming industry professionals visit us to talk about game development.
- Game jams. We make games and have fun together over weekends. These are organised on a regular basis. We also take part in bigger annual events, such as the Global Game Jam, Ludum Dare and other jams and competitions.
- GeekBeers once a month. A relaxed early night meeting over a pint or two in one of the many bars in Rovaniemi centre.
- A nice place to work in, whenever you like. The lab is located in room plab at the Lapin AMK Rantavitikka Campus, Jokiväylä 11, 96300 Rovaniemi.
- The people with the right skills, professional mentoring, tips and guidance. Invaluable personal contacts, even best friends.
- Valuable work samples for creating your career, proving your skills and motivation.
- Possibility to create a commercial game by using your own gear and software.